Wedding photography is an art; it is important you pick a photographer whose work you absolute LOVE and who knows exactly what they are doing! Your wedding photographs are what you get to keep to seal the memories of your amazing day. When choosing your wedding photographer make sure you never choose based on price, I know that might sound silly as you probably have to stick to a budget, but when it comes to your wedding photos you HAVE to choose someone because you love their images and you connect with them. I can’t stress this enough…your wedding photographer is going to be a very important part of your day! They will be with you for most of the day so it is important that you feel comfortable around them. They will be capturing every special moment that you will cherish for the rest of your life. Would you want someone inexperienced with the risk of stuffing it all up?
When you have your initial meeting with your wedding photographer, it is important you find out as much information as you can so you can make a decision easily. Here are a few examples of what you should be asking your wedding photographer in your initial meeting:
- Are you the actual wedding photographer who will be taking the pictures? If not, can I meet with that photographer?
- How long have you been a professional wedding photographer? May I see samples of your work?
- What packages do you offer? What do they include?
- Do you include reprints or albums in your pricing?
- What is the reorder price, if I decide to order additional prints later?
- What type of photography do you specialize in? (candid, portraits, photojournalistic, black and white or a combination?)
- Have you photographed at my ceremony and reception site before?
- Are you familiar with the lighting/layout there?
- How many other weddings do you have that night? Are there any time limits as to how long you can stay?
- When will my proofs be ready?
- Can I view my photos online? Do you offer online ordering for my guests?
- What happens if you are sick or have an emergency on my wedding day?
- In the event of equipment failure, can you guarantee that a backup camera will be on hand?
- How far in advance must I book your services?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Is a deposit required? If so, when and how much?
These questions will cover the basics but make sure you know what you want and be comfortable with the photographer and your choice! . Remember, this is your special day so make sure your photographer is a right fit for you!
What you will receive
You will receive a $1000 Gift Voucher towards your Wedding Photography with Megan Aldridge Photography
Megan Aldridge is not your average wedding photographer. She is someone who watches for just at the right moment to catch Mum wiping away a tear as you’re getting dressed. She looks like she’s just innocently hanging around, but really she’s got you right where she wants you. She is an amazing wedding photographer. Every cheeky wink, every secret glance, is caught with a quiet ‘click’, and it’s in your story forever. All the pieces of your wedding day puzzle are polished up and put together into a perfect collection of stunning images, crafted by the master wedding photographer herself Megan Aldridge.
Below are some of Megan’s images…amazing aren’t they?
Thank you again Megan Aldridge for this kind donation
How to enter:
This competition is now closed!
TERMS OF ENTRY:
Entries will be judged on their creativity. There is one $1000 wedding photography gift voucher. The winner will be announced on Wednesday 25th September, 2013 via the Weddings by MaxiMy Facebook page. You will have 24 hours to respond. If we don’t hear back, we’ll pick a new winner. Only one entry per person will be accepted. The prize is non-transferable or redeemable for cash. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered in to. The $1000 wedding photography voucher is only redeemable at Megan Aldridge Photography. The voucher is not redeemable with any other offer.